Because every second counts.
Fire can double in size every 10 to 20 seconds. Over 1.6 million fires caused more than $10 billion in property loss across the United States in 2005. Structural fires in homes, offices, schools and stores accounted for 511,000 fires and over $9 billion in damages. But even more sobering is the fact that 85% of fire-related deaths and over 15,000 injuries occurred in structural fires.*
That's why building with FlameFreez® brand fire retardant treated 下载澳门永利app官网 (FRT) is so important. When FlameFreez® brand treated 下载澳门永利app官网 and plywood are exposed to fire, they form a “char barrier” that insulates the wood, significantly slowing the spread of the fire.
FlameFreez® brand FRT is recommended for use in commercial and residential applications and can be used for the following weather-protected applications:**
- Roof and floor trusses
- Roof and wall sheathing
- Beams, joists and purlins
- Studs and other framing members
- Architectural millwork and trim
Features and Benefits
- Pressure treated to provide long-term protection
- Recommended for above-ground, weather-protected applications
- Building code compliant
- Dried after 澳门永利app to a 19% moisture content
- Strength tested under high temperature and high humidity conditions
- Cut or sawn with typical wood-working tools
- Can be painted or stained
- Hot-dipped galvanized fasteners
Not only does FlameFreez® brand FRT 下载澳门永利app官网 and plywood provide peace of mind, but it can also lower your insurance rates. This Type-A Fire Retardant for interior use is backed by a 40-year roof system warranty, a 40-year preservative warranty and a 10-year truss warranty from Arch Wood Protection, the manufacturer of the Dricon® fire retardant formulation used in the 澳门永利app of FlameFreez® brand FRT.***
Whether your next project is an apartment complex, duplex, office building or even a single dwelling home, FlameFreez® brand fire retardant, pressure treated 下载澳门永利app官网 from Great Southern Wood can be shipped to you in whole truck loads or as packs added to your regular load. Our competitive prices and high quality are beaten only by our quick and efficient service.
For your Fire Retardant Treated 下载澳门永利app官网 and plywood needs, don't call a wholesaler. Call the treaters. Call Great Southern at 800-521-3312.
*Source: National Fire Protection Agency study, 2005
**Consult local building codes to determine the specific uses allowed.
***See the warranty document for more details.
Handling & Use
- Wear a dust mask and goggles when cutting or sanding wood.
- Wear gloves when working with wood.
- Some fire retardant preservative may migrate from the treated wood into soil/water or may dislodge from the treated wood surface upon contact with skin. Wash exposed skin areas thoroughly.
- All sawdust and construction debris should be cleaned up and disposed of after construction.
- Wash work clothes separately from other household clothing before reuse.
- Fire Retardant Treated wood should not be used where it may come into direct or indirect contact with drinking water, or in applications involving incidental contact such as fresh water docks and bridges.
- Do not use Fire Retardant Treated wood under circumstances where it may become a component of food, animal feed or beehives.
- Do not use Fire Retardant Treated wood as mulch.
- Disposal Recommendations: Fire Retardant Treated wood may be disposed of in landfills or burned in commercial or industrial incinerators or boilers in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
Important Fastener Information
When tested for corrosiveness, FlameFreez® brand products were found to protect against the corrosion of galvanized-steel truss plates and other metal fasteners. In fact, metal fasteners in FlameFreez® brand fire retardant products maintain their integrity as well as they would in untreated wood exposed to the same conditions.
FlameFreez® brand products are treated with Dricon® fire retardant formulation, a product of Arch Wood Protection.