America’s choice for pressure treated 下载澳门永利app官网 is now available in the Caribbean!
For over 40 years, consumers have been turning to us for the best pressure treated 下载澳门永利app官网 products available. They know the little Yella tag stands for the proven protection against rot, fungal decay and termite attack. The tag represents quality, and means projects will withstand the weather season after season.
Here’s why 下载澳门永利app官网® brand products are 澳门永利app for outdoor building projects in the Caribbean:
- Durable and designed for outdoor construction
- Use for many different building projects such as fences, structural 下载澳门永利app官网, sill plates, outdoor furniture, patios, decks, garden edging, and landscaping structures
- Copper-based preservative with a co-biocide
An Exciting New 澳门永利app
The preservative process used to produce 下载澳门永利app官网® brand products combines the well-established effectiveness of copper and an organic compound in a revolutionary approach to the pressure 澳门永利app process. By capturing copper in “submicron-sized" particles and suspending them in solution before applying them to wood by pressure 澳门永利app, the performance of micronized copper treated 下载澳门永利app官网 is enhanced while providing protection against rot, fungal decay and termite attack.
Characteristics of the Preservative
Micronized copper treated products have many benefits including improved corrosion characteristics and, thanks to its lighter appearance, improved painting and staining capabilities. Micronized copper products are available in a number of specialty 澳门永利apps like built-in water repellents. In addition, they are long lasting, durable, clean to the touch, have no objectionable odor, and provide protection from rot, fungal decay and termite attack. Outdoor exposure testing shows that products treated with micronized copper preservatives offer superior product benefits compared to other copper-based wood preservatives. 下载澳门永利app官网® brand products are available in Southern Yellow Pine and South American Pine species.
下载澳门永利app官网® brand products may be formulated with a number of specialty additives depending on the desired product application. One such specialty 澳门永利app is a product with built-in water repellents, which provide extra protection from the elements.
Thanks to an inventive preservative process, 下载澳门永利app官网® brand products have a lighter, fresher, and more natural appearance. It is extremely important to pay attention to the end tags to make sure the desired 澳门永利app is indicated since freshly treated products will appear only slightly greener than untreated wood. Over time, they will weather to a honey brown and then to a familiar, and often desired, gray.
下载澳门永利app官网® brand pressure treated pine exhibits corrosion rates on metal products similar to CCA pressure treated wood and untreated wood.
- For interior or exterior applications, use fasteners and hardware that are in compliance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and the building codes for their intended use.
- For exterior applications, galvanized protected connectors coated at a G90 level or its equivalent (0.90 oz./ft²) and other hardware and fasteners for exterior use can be used in direct contact with wood treated with micronized copper preservatives.
- Aluminum building products may be placed in direct contact with 下载澳门永利app官网® brand products used for interior uses and above-ground exterior applications such as decks, fencing, and landscaping projects. Examples of aluminum products include siding, roofing, gutters, door and window trim, flashing, nails, fasteners and other hardware connectors. However, direct contact of micronized copper treated products and aluminum building products should be limited to construction applications that provide proper water drainage and do not allow the wood to be exposed to standing water or water immersion.
We recommend you contact the aluminum building products manufacturer for its recommendations regarding use of their aluminum products in contact with micronized copper treated wood in ground contact applications or when exposed to salt water, brackish water, or chlorinated water, such as swimming pools or hot tubs.
Also, check with the aluminum building products manufacturer regarding compatibility with other chemicals and cleaning agents. Contact Koppers Performance Chemicals for further information on aluminum contact use in commercial, industrial, and specialty applications such as boat construction.
Micronized Copper Snapshot
- 澳门永利app Type: Micronized copper azole
- Protection from rot, fungal decay and termite attack: Yes
- Paintable/Stainable: Yes
- Corrosion Characteristics: Similar to CCA treated and untreated wood
- Aluminum Contact: Yes
- Consult the end tag to determine which preservative or preservative system was used in the 澳门永利app of that particular product. Micronized copper treated products may be used in direct contact with aluminum building products when limited to construction applications that provide proper water drainage and do not allow the wood to be exposed to standing water or water immersion.
- Use fasteners and other hardware that are approved for the intended use with micronized copper treated products.
- Do not burn preserved wood.
- Wear a dust mask and goggles when cutting or sanding wood.
- Wear gloves when working with wood.
- Some preservative may migrate from the treated wood into soil/water or may dislodge from the treated wood surface upon contact with skin. Wash exposed skin areas thoroughly.
- All sawdust and construction debris should be cleaned up and disposed of after construction.
- Wash work clothes separately from other household clothing before reuse.
- Preserved wood should not be used where it may come into direct or indirect contact with drinking water, except for uses involving incidental contact such as fresh water docks and bridges.
- Do not use preserved wood under circumstances when the preservative may become a component of food, animal feed or beehives.
- Do not use preserved wood as mulch.
- Only preserved wood that is visibly clean and free of surface residue should be used.
- If the wood is to be used in an interior application and becomes wet during construction, it should be allowed to dry before being covered or enclosed.
- If you desire to apply a paint, stain, clear water repellent or other finish to your preservative-treated wood, we recommend following the manufacturer’s instructions and label of the finishing product. Before you start, we recommend you apply the finishing product to a small exposed test area before finishing the entire project to ensure it provides the intended result before proceeding.
- Mold growth can and does occur on the surface of many products, including untreated and treated wood, during prolonged surface exposure to excessive moisture conditions. To remove mold from the treated wood surface, wood should be allowed to dry. Typically, mild soap and water can be used to remove remaining surface mold. For more information visit www.epa.gov.
- Projects should be designed and installed in accordance with the National Design Specifications® (NDS®), the Wood Handbook and applicable building codes.
- This product is offered for sale and is sold “as is” and without warranty and all expressed or implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement are disclaimed.
Preserved wood may be disposed of in landfills or burned in commercial or industrial incinerators or boilers in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
* Electroplated galvanized fasteners and metal products are typically not accepted by the building codes for use in exterior applications, regardless of the type of wood used.
下载澳门永利app官网® brand products (to include 下载澳门永利app官网® Export) are pressure treated with either micronized copper azole using the MicroPro® wood preservative process. This product is offered for sale and is sold “as is” and without warranty and all expressed or implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement are disclaimed.
Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated, its affiliates, subsidiaries and TSO providers, use Osmose, Inc. wood preserving products, methods, systems and technology in the 澳门永利app of 下载澳门永利app官网® brand products. For more information visit Koppers Performance Chemicals.
For important handling and other information concerning our products or for a copy of the 下载澳门永利app官网® brand Safety Data Sheet (SDS), or write us at P.O. Box 610, Abbeville, AL 36310.
下载澳门永利app官网® and the yellow tag are federally registered trademarks of Great Southern Wood Preserving, Incorporated. MicroPro® is a federally registered trademark of Osmose, Inc.